› Press Releases
› Press Release - Offer of AYUSH Scholarship for 2013-14 academic session
Press Release - Offer of AYUSH Scholarship for 2013-14 academic session
The Government of India has announced twenty (20) Scholarships for Malaysian students to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India for the year 2013-14.
- The High Commission of India welcomes applications from interested Malaysian nationals who wish to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India from the academic year 2013-14 onwards, for the following courses:
- Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery (BAMS) - 11 seats
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Sciences (BSMS) - 5 seats
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) - 2 seats
- Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) - 2 seats
The courses are being offered in the following institutions:
Names of Colleges for BAMS:
- Rajiv Gandhi, PG Government College, Paprola, Himachal Pradesh - 1 seat
- Government Ayurved College, Raipur, Chhattisgarh - 1 seat
- Government Ayurved College, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh - 1 seat
- Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyala, Pune, Maharashtra - 1 seat
- Government Ayurved College, Patna, Bihar - 1 seat
- Government Ayurved College, Tripunithura, Kerala - 1 seat
- Shri Dharmashala Ayurvedic College, Udupi, Karnataka - 1 seat
- Government Ayurved College, Tiruvananthapuram, Kerala - 1 seat
- Choudhary Braham Prakash Ayurvedic College, Delhi - 2 seats
- Rajiv Gandhi Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital Mahe, Pondicherry - 1 seat
Names of Colleges for BSMS:
- Government Siddha Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 3 seats
- Government Siddha Medical College, Palayamkottai, Tamil Nadu - 2 seats
Names of College for BUMS:
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU),Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh - 2 seats
Names of College for BHMS:
- National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata, West Bengal - 2 seats
- The application forms for this Scholarships are available with the Education Wing at the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203, Telefax: 03 6143 1192, Email: email@example.com). The ICCR application form can also be downloaded from the Mission’s website (http://indianhighcommission.com.my/pdf/ICCR_Scholarship_Application_Form.pdf).
- The candidates should meet the following selection criteria: (i) the candidate should have the eligibility to apply for the course (ii) should be proficient in English and (iii) should not have any serious health problems.
- The eligible qualifications for the Bachelors courses are given below:
- A Levels
- South Australian Matriculatio (SAM)
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
- Or other qualifications which are equivalent to 12th standard in India.
- The candidate should have taken the following compulsory subjects at the qualifying examination level: Physics, Chemistry, & Biology, with minimum 50% marks in each subject.
- The minimum age to apply for these courses is 17 years, as on 1st October in the year of admission.The duration of all the 4 courses listed above is Five and Half (5 ½) years.
- The scholarship provides for Tuition fee, Living Allowance, Contingent Grant, House rent Allowance and Medical benefits ( no airfare is provided).
- Interested candidates may fill-in the application form and submit to the Education Wing, High Commission of India, Menara 1 Mon't Kiara, Level 28, No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mon't Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur. The last date for receipt of application by the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur is 31 March 2013.For any further information, kindly contact:
Education Wing, High Commission of India, Menara 1 Mon't Kiara, Level 28, No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mon't Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203, Telefax: 03 6143 1192, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
21 February 2013
Consular & Labour Services