ICCR Scholarship - Offer of GCSS & IOR-ARC Scholarship for 2013 -14 academic session
1. The Government of India is offering six scholarships under the General Cultural Scholarship Scheme (GCSS) and two scholarships under the IOR-ARC Scholarship Scheme to meritorious students from Malaysia for the academic year 2011-12. Students wishing to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate degrees, or research at Indian Universities can apply under the GCSS, while the IOR-ARC Scholarship Scheme is for Post-Graduate courses only. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) will administer these scholarship programmes.
2. The scholarships cover all courses except Medicine and Dentistry related courses. Several institutions in India for various courses including Engineering / Architecture / Technology, Humanities / Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management / Business Administration, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture / Animal Husbandry, Science, Law, Dance and Music, etc., are covered under these scholarships. At the time of filling-in the application the candidates can select the institution based on the course. The High Commission of India can also assist in providing information regarding the educations institutions and various courses in India.
3. The candidates should meet the following selection criteria: (i) the candidate should have the eligibility to apply for the course, (ii) should be proficient in English, and (iii) should not have serious health problems. Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before. Applicants are also advised to do due diligence and research on the specific admission criteria laid down by the various Universities for each course, and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities in addition to the certificates mentioned in the ICCR Scholarship Application Form.
4. The scholarships provides for Tuition Fees, Living Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Thesis and Dissertation Expenses, and Study Tour expense. Please note that no airfare will be provided under these scholarship schemes.
5. The duly filled-in ICCR Scholarship Application Form as per our Guidelines, along with the relevant enclosures should be submitted or posted to the address given below, latest by 14 February 2013.
6. The ICCR Scholarship Application Form and the Guidelines can be downloaded from the website of the High Commission of India ‘www.indianhighcommission.com.my’. For further information, you can also contact:
20 December 2012